Fraudulent Au Pair Offers
It has come to Au Pair Foundation’s attention that unauthorized persons are attempting to lure potential au pairs into false participation. The unauthorized persons are approaching participants online and on Facebook. These persons are then presenting potential host families. The potential Host Family then refers the potential Au Pair to Au Pair Foundation website and provides a false email address that is in no way associated with Au Pair Foundation. The intention of this illegal activity is to obtain secure vital personal information, copies of immigration documents and money from potential au pairs under the guise of matching them with a host family.
- If you are approached by any persons using “firstname.lastname@example.org” do not respond to them, instead please REPORT THIS TO US IMMEDIATELY at email@example.com.
- Au Pair Foundation only uses email address which end in @aupairfoundation.org. If you are approached by anyone using an email address other than one ending in @aupairfoundation.org it is fraudulent, do not reply and notify us immediately.
- Never provide secure personal information to any person approaching you via the internet. If you are unsure if a representative, agency or host family is partnering with Au Pair Foundation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not wire funds to anyone requesting you to transfer funds via MoneyGram or Western Union this is most likely a scam.
- You may also contact us and we can provide you with a list of agencies in your country. If you have been approached by any false organization, please contact Au Pair Foundation right away at email@example.com.
Please rest assured that Au Pair Foundation is doing everything in its power to protect you and stop this illegal activity. Au Pair Foundation is a United States company and we only conduct business in the United States. APF Global Exchange, NFP (doing business as Au Pair Foundation) is proud to be authorized by the United States Department of State as an official au pair agency. We are also, members of the esteemed International Au Pair Association www.iapa.org and Alliance, for International Education and Cultural Exchange www.alliance-exchange.org.
Please understand only agencies designated by the United States Department of State provide participation in the J1 Visa Au Pair Program in the United States. The complete list of designated agencies may be found at http://j1visa.state.gov/participants/how-to-apply/sponsor-search/?program=Au%20Pair.
Please note that we are listed as APF Global Exchange, NFP on the Department of State listing.
BE AWARE !!!!
APF will never issue and invoice directly to a participant!
This is a sample of names that are NOT REAL!
firstname.lastname@example.org - NOT REAL!!!
email@example.com - NOT REAL firstname.lastname@example.org - NOT REAL
Host family - Kristina Bocyte NOT REAL! Brittney Addison - Local Area Representative - NOT REAL! email@example.com - NOT REAL!
If they ask you to send money via Western Union – NOT REAL!!!