The Au Pair Foundation Difference
- Our Mission: Au Pair Foundation is one of the few Au Pair sponsors that is a not-for profit organization which allows us to focus on a quality cultural exchange experience as well as one-on-one attention for each single one of our host families. We pride ourselves on the quality of our Au Pair candidates, our high level of service, and attention to detail which both our host families and Au Pairs appreciate. Our experienced staff goes above and beyond for our host families and Au Pairs because we understand cultural exchange as well as the need for quality childcare.
- Best Au Pair agency rated twice in a row: Au Pair Foundation has been voted as Au Pair Clearinghouse Winner for overall customer service two years in a row by satisfied host families. We are proud of our experienced staff members who provide this outstanding service to our host families and au pairs.
- Boutique Agency with highly qualified personalized service: we are with you every step of the way. We make sure to get to know your needs as a family and provide you with customized matches as well as support throughout your year.
- Premium candidates: Our Au Pair candidates tend to be older and more experienced than those from other agencies. Many of our Au Pairs have some level of university education.
- We don’t charge extra for additional qualifications such as Au Pairs who are qualified to take care of infants or who have formal childcare education.
Meet Our Team
Our staff sets us apart: Our experienced team is comprised of dedicated professionals committed to the mission of cultural exchange as well as quality childcare. We take pride in listening to our customers and providing prompt and personalized service to our program participants. Thanks to this outstanding team we were voted best Au Pair agency by our host families twice in a row.
President, Responsible Officer
Ellen has worked in the field of international education for 25 years. She has had the good fortune of being involved in international educational exchange programs since the age of 14 when she went on her first high school exchange. As a proud mother of two daughters, Ellen strongly supports the Au Pair program’s core values and achievements to promote opportunities for young people to live abroad and to give families reliable and affordable childcare as well as enrichment through cultural exchange.
Vice President Finance and Administration, Alternate Responsible Officer
Theresa has been involved with J-1 Exchange Programs for the past 16 years, including Au Pair, High School and Work & Travel programs, where she served as an Alternate Responsible Officer for all programs. She has extensive experience and knowledge of SEVIS and Department of State Regulations. Theresa lives in Petaluma, California, a small community north of San Francisco near California wine country, with her family. She is a proud mother of two boys and a die-hard San Francisco Giants fan!
Program Manager, Alternate Responsible Officer
Ainura has worked for several exchange programs as Program Officer. She has been a key person in “raising the bar” in the level of quality in those programs! She has been appointed as Alternate Responsible Officer for our organization and will be proudly supporting our host families and our au pairs. Ainura lives in Reading, Massachusetts, near Au Pair Foundation’s East Coast office located in Concord, Massachusetts.
Department of State Regulations
The Au Pair Foundation program is a United States Department of State designated program created to foster healthy cultural exchanges for young international people and American families.
Through the Au Pair program, participants and host families take part in a mutually rewarding, intercultural opportunity. Participants can continue their education while experiencing everyday life with an American family, and hosts receive reliable and responsible childcare from individuals who become part of the family.
The J-1 Visa provides countless opportunities for international candidates looking to travel and gain experience in the United States. The multifaceted programs enable foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to teach, study, conduct research, demonstrate special skills or receive on the job training for periods ranging from a few weeks to several years. Here is the emergency contact information for the US Department of State: J-1 Visa Emergency Hotline (1-866-283-9090) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more here
It has come to Au Pair Foundation’s attention that unauthorized persons are attempting to lure potential au pairs into false participation. Read more about frauds and how to avoid them
Phone: 866-428-7247 (toll free within the USA)
205 Keller Street, Suite 204
Petaluma, CA 94952 USA
Au Pair Foundation maintains a 24-Hour Emergency Number:
Phone: 866-428-7247 (Select x1 – “emergency” from the menu options)
Au Pair AVI International Insurance Information:
In the USA, Call 1-888-551-9798 to obtain information about claims and procedures.
For general information about becoming a Host Family:
For general information about becoming an Au Pair:
For general information about becoming an international partner:
Jobs with au pair foundation
Are you passionate about cultural exchange? Find the work you love at Au Pair Foundation.
We’d love to hear from you: email@example.com