About Our Au Pair Foundation & Host Family Services
The Au Pair Foundation Difference
- Our Mission: Au Pair Foundation is one of the few Au Pair sponsors that is a not-for profit organization. We work with host families to search for Au Pairs that will be the best fit! Our not-for profit model & overall capabilities allow us to focus on a quality cultural exchange experience as well as one-on-one attention for each of our host families. We pride ourselves on the quality of our Au Pair candidates, our high level of service, and attention to detail which both our host families and Au Pairs appreciate. Our experienced staff goes above and beyond for our host families and Au Pairs because we understand cultural exchange as well as the need for quality childcare.
- Best Au Pair agency rated twice in a row: Au Pair Foundation has been voted as Au Pair Clearinghouse Winner for overall customer service two years in a row by satisfied host families. We are proud of our experienced staff members who provide this outstanding service to our host families and Au Pairs & it is our goal to continuously be a top Au Pair agency in the United States.
- Boutique Agency with highly qualified personalized service: We are with you every step of the way. We make sure to get to know your needs as a family and provide you with customized matches as well as support throughout your year while you host an Au Pair.
- Premium candidates: Our Au Pair candidates tend to be older and more experienced than those from other Au Pair agencies. Many of our Au Pairs have some level of university education along with years of childcare experience.
- We don’t charge extra for additional qualifications such as Au Pairs who are qualified to take care of infants or who have formal childcare education.
Meet Our Team
Our staff sets us apart as we want to be the best Au Pair agency in the United States: Our experienced team is comprised of dedicated professionals committed to the mission of cultural exchange as well as quality childcare. It is our purpose to match you as a host family with top-rated Au Pairs. We take pride in listening to our customers and providing prompt and personalized service to our program participants. Thanks to this outstanding team, we were voted best Au Pair agency by our host families twice in a row.
President, Responsible Officer
Ellen has worked in the field of international education for 25 years. She has had the good fortune of being involved in international educational exchange programs since the age of 14 when she went on her first high school exchange. As a proud mother of two daughters, Ellen strongly supports the Au Pair program’s core values and achievements to promote opportunities for young people to live abroad and to give families reliable and affordable childcare. Her overall experience, drive, leadership, and dedication to find Au Pairs for host families allow the Au Pair Foundation to be a successful cultural exchange program year after year.
Vice President Finance and Administration, Alternate Responsible Officer
Theresa has been involved with J-1 Exchange Programs for the past 16 years, including Au Pair, High School and Work & Travel programs, where she served as an Alternate Responsible Officer for all programs. She has extensive experience and knowledge of SEVIS and Department of State Regulations. Her experience and love for her work continuously makes the Au Pair Foundation a top Au Pair service program. Theresa lives in Petaluma, California, a small community north of San Francisco near California wine country, with her family. She is a proud mother of two boys and a die-hard San Francisco Giants fan!
Department of State Regulations
The Au Pair Foundation program is a United States Department of State designated program created to foster healthy cultural exchanges for young international people and American families.
Through the Au Pair Foundation program here in the United States, participants and host families take part in a mutually rewarding, intercultural opportunity. Participating Au Pairs can continue their education while experiencing everyday life with an American family. As a host family for an international Au Pair, you will receive reliable and responsible childcare from individuals who become part of your family.
The J-1 Visa provides countless opportunities for international candidates looking to travel and gain experience in the United States. The multifaceted programs enable foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to teach, study, conduct research, demonstrate special skills or receive on the job training for periods ranging from a few weeks to several years. Here is the emergency contact information for the US Department of State: J-1 Visa Emergency Hotline (1-866-283-9090) Email: email@example.com.
Read more here
It has come to Au Pair Foundation’s attention that unauthorized persons are attempting to lure potential Au Pairs into false participation. Read more about frauds and how to avoid them
Phone: 866-428-7247 ext 208 (toll free within the USA)
Here at Au Pair Foundation, we know you’re busy, which is why we have extended office hours to best serve you. You can get in touch with an Au Pair Foundation representative through our toll-free number Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 7:30 PM EST. We also have representatives ready to assist your family with finding an Au Pair on Saturdays from 10 AM to 4 PM EST. In case of an emergency, your family can always get in touch with us on our emergency line: 866-428-7247 ext. 9.
205 Keller Street, Suite 204
Petaluma, CA 94952 USA
Au Pair Foundation maintains a 24-Hour Emergency Number:
Phone: 866-428-7247 (Select x 9 – “emergency” from the menu options)
Au Pair AVI International Insurance Information:
In the USA, Call 1-888-551-9798 to obtain information about claims and procedures.
For general information about becoming a Host Family in America:
For general information about becoming an Au Pair in America:
For general information about becoming an international Au Pair & Host Family partner:
Jobs with Au Pair Foundation
Are you passionate about cultural exchange and connecting host families with Au Pairs? Find the work you love at Au Pair Foundation. We have limited locations available.
We’d love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org